The Client Services Department utilizes CSBG and HSI (Connecticut Human Services Infrastructure) support in order to serve anyone who comes to NEON for help, information, referrals, or assistance. NEON is a subcontractor for the region’s Eviction & Foreclosure Prevention contractor—the Wilton Dispute Settlement Center is the holder of the contract. NEON services the Norwalk-Stamford area. NEON will see thousands of people needing these services each year. Client Services staff, outside of Energy, and Parkview South (SRO), will see thousands of walk-in clients. Some will be in case management, most will receive some level of application assistance and/or information and referral, rent/utility assistance/food) from funds NEON has acquired through partnership and/or grants for direct cash assistance (i.e., Neighbor to Neighbor).
Connecticut Human Services Infrastructure
Connecticut Community Action Agencies/HSI Customer-Focused, Integrated Service Delivery Model to Help Families Move Out of Poverty and to Provide Cost-effective, Efficient Programs to CT Low-income and Working Poor Families.
Energy Assistance is a program that helps income-eligible people who have difficulty paying the cost of heating their home by providing vendor payments for home heating, through an intake and assessment process. Energy Assistance will determine how its services can best help lower energy costs. The primary goal of this program is to keep households warm and safe during the winter months. Income guidelines for the program change yearly and are based on the state/national poverty level.
All applicants must apply in person each year.
- When applying for energy assistance, the following information is required:
- All applicants must provide current proof of any income for all household members prior to application date.
- If the primary heating source is a utility, a copy of the utility bill must be provided.
- Renters must provide copies of their rent receipts or lease.
- Homeowners must provide a copy of their mortgage.
- Payments will be made directly to the heating vendor.
- Documentation of liquid assets, bank statement (all pages).
- Self-Employed clients must pick up a self-employment worksheet in our office. They should also bring their previous year’s 1040 tax return.
For more information call: 203 663-7337