Check out our downloadable flyers with job fair imformation for the following locations:Read More...
Family & Children’s Agency, along with RSVP invite you to join an information session focused on where you can turn if you or a senior or disabled loved one is in need of assistance.Read More...
Legal Issues of Social Media FREE Workshop! – at Norwalk Community College
*** CLICK ON IMAGE TO EXPAND***Read More...
More specifically, this Public hearing will relate to the following projects at the Stamford Train Station:
- Extend the pedestrian overpass to allow access to all four platforms as well as the commuter drop-off lanes outside the station.
- The two middle island platform canopies will be extended to provide additional coverage.
- Stairwells and walkways will be installed at the end of the southeast platform and adjacent embankment to provide pedestrian access between the northbound platforms and major intersection at Atlantic Street.
- Additional shelters will be installed on the two middle platforms.
- Real-time train information systems as well as static information and routing signage, will also be installed throughout the station.
Tell Congress to stop sequestration now. If you called your Members of Congress yesterday, thank you! If not, be part of NLIHC’s National Call-in Day today.
NLIHC is working hard on Capitol Hill and with the Administration to make sure that sequestration and its damaging effects are minimal and short lived. But, we need your help.
Please join us today, March 7 for a National Call-in Day. Tell your Members of Congress that their choice to sequester funds from HUD and USDA Rural Housing programs is unacceptable and must end immediately.
What to Say to Senators and Representatives:
- States are about to lose significant funding from HUD programs alone. Unfortunately, these funds cannot be supplanted by state funds. The financial hole that is about to be created is simply too large.
- In our state, there are already [Insert state figure from NLIHC’s latest research] low income households who are severely rent burdened. Adding thousands of households in need to this total does not represent progress for the people of our state.
- Congress must immediately chose to stop these harmful impacts for low income households and replace sequestration with a balanced deficit reduction package that includes revenues, before we experience the full effects of housing loss, unemployment and other economic impacts in our state.
To learn more about the negative impact on your state by the sequester’s cuts to various HUD programs, see the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities’ paper.
To get your Members’ contact information:
- Call the congressional switchboard toll free at 877-210-5351, or
- Visit NLIHC’s website and enter your zip code in the Contact Congress box on the right.
When you reach your Member’s office, ask to be connected to his or her housing staffer. After you call, please let us know how the call went by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure your voice is heard! Today, March 7, call your Senators and Representative and remind them that every decision they make is a choice with a real impact. Urge them to choose the needs of low income families who deserve decent and affordable homes over loopholes for the wealthiest Americans.
NLIHC’s sequestration information page is at http://nlihc.org/issues/budget/sequestration
Questions? Comments? Email email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support and action!Read More...
NORWALK FAMILY ECONOMIC SECURITY COALITION
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
2013 Campaign Kickoff and Press Conference: Norwalk
January 25, 2013 – 10:00am
Norwalk Community College—East Campus Atrium
188 Richards Ave., Norwalk, CT
Welcoming RemarksRead More...
Please come out on 12/4/12 or make your online purchases from 12/4/12 – 12/9/12 to support the afterschool program. Our goal is to raise over $2000.00. You will need a voucher to make your purchase in the Stamford store.
Please cut out your voucher and pass the other one on to a friend or family member.
When making purchases online you will need our book fair ID # 10954576.
Please email this information to your friends and family. You can also purchase items from the Barnes and Noble Café that will go towards our total sales.
Download flyer here: b&N 2012-Holiday-Bookfair-Flyer-w-Vouchers-COLORRead More...